just-spotted.com that I made for Will's 3rd birthday party. Check out his owl party by wants and wishes here. I have been wanting to do a chocolate chip cookie taste test. Wouldn't that be fun. Bake your 5 or 6 favorite chocolate chip cookies and have your neighbors over and see which one is the winner or to make life easier on yourself, you could ask each person to bring 3 dozen chocolate chip cookies (and their recipe of course) and have the neighborhood taste test for the winner. hmmm.... I might be on to something!
Big, Fat, Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
2 cups flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
3/4 cup butter, MELTED
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 tb vanilla extract
1 egg (room temperature)
1 egg yolk (room temperature)
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips; but for those who like few chocolate chips like me- add only 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 cups of chocolate chips
1. Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt in a bowl and set aside
2. In a medium bowl, cream together the melted butter, brown sugar and white sugar until well blended.
3. Beat in vanilla, egg, egg yolk until light and creamy.
4. Mix in sifted ingredients until just blended.
5. Stir in the chocolate chips by hand using a wooden spoon.
6. Chill the cookie dough in the frig for 45-2 hours (to counteract the melted butter)
7. Preheat oven to 325 degrees
8. Drop cookie dough 1/4 cup at a time onto cookie sheets.
9. Bake for 13-15 minutes, until the edges are lightly golden brown. This is the key! They might seem gooey in the middle, but just let them cool on the baking sheets for a couple minutes before transferring them & they will be perfect.
10. Wrap up half a dozen in cellophane with big bow and tag from etsy.com/shop/wantsandwishesdesign and give to your closest friend, neighbor or ME!!!
Makes 18-20 cookies