Search This Blog

Loading...

14 days of Valentines

Monday, January 10, 2011

I really do love this time of year. Being single I have dreaded a few Valentine's Days, but not since I discovered 14 days of Valentine's. About 4 or 5 years ago I was the Compassionate Service Leader in my Church. A few girls were struggling so I thought what could brighten their day, especially around the single awareness day! This is where 14 days of Valentines was created. I choose 2 girls that I was going to be their Secret Admirer. I decided I was going to drop something off to them each day (kind of like the 12 days of Christmas) instead of one goody on Valentine's Day to make them feel more special.  I have to say, that first year especially was my favorite. It was fun to hear and see how excited they were about their little gifts each day (they had no idea it was me!) It made my Valentines, so I decided I would do it each year and I have. So now I want to share this treasured tradition with all of you! This can be tricky and time consuming.... so here are the things I have learned over the years with this act of kindness.
Tips:
1. Have multiple goodies prepared because some days, you just run out of time.
2. Think about where the people live that you are choosing.
    Are they your kids?
    Your neighbors?
    Some friends across town (if so I would suggest selecting two that are in the same area)
    How many people are you going to Valentine? I have always done 2, I think if you do more than that I       would suggest that they live close or in your own house!

Okay, now on to the fun part. Anyone can do this! You can bake something everyday or you can do completely store bought. I will have a mixture of homemade goodies and store bought goodies packaged to the hilt, giving you all my sources and buying from well know stores so anyone can do this! Each day there will be post on a goodie, packaging and downloadable tags to make the complete package perfect, easy and simple! You can mix and match the days and treats if you want or incorporate your favorite treat that you are famous for.  Tomorrow we will get started with our 14 days of Valentines kick off.

Here is a list of things you need to decide before Starting
1. How many people are you Valentining this year?
2. Where do they live? Is it gated? Do you know the code? 
3. Are you doing it as a Secret Admirer?

Day 1.... starts tomorrow!!!! I will also sporadically share some fun experiences that have happened while I've been Valentining over the past 5 years.


Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. i just love this idea! and the ideas you have come up with so far! Way too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what great ideas you have! I think that any one of your valentines would be great by itself, but fourteen days of them would make anyone's V-day special! Thanks for sharing. (I saw you on Ucreate Parties, btw.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a sweet idea! I'm going to modify and try to do 7 days of celebrating. How fun!

    ReplyDelete

 
all content © 2013 wants and wishes / blog design © 2013 smitten blog designs