Day one:: Hello Valentine!
1. I started off with this white paper box from Michael's (only 80 cents!!!)
2. Spray mount the "hello valentine" tag to the top of the box. Download the tag here
3. Turn box upside down and open the lid to trim off sides after you place it on the box so it fits perfectly.
4. Fold pink or red tissue paper into box
5. Stack 3 cookies on top of each other tied with pretty ribbon and place in the box.
6. Tie a bow around the box. (My ribbon is from Costco)
7. Deliver to your Valentines
You have just completed your first day!
Cherry Chip Cake Mix Cookie Recipe
1 Cherry Chip Cake Mix
1/2 cup of oil
Preheat oven to 350. Place the egg and oil in a mixer and then add the cake mix. Mix for about one minute or until everything is well blended (the batter will be thick.... don't worry!) Find a heart shape cookie cutter and place on a baking sheet with parchment and place the cookie dough in the cookie sheet evenly (about 1/2 of a inch). Remove cookie cutter and continue leaving a inch or so between cookies. Bake at 350 for 8 minutes. If your cookies spread too much you can cut them with the cookie cutter after they had cooled a little. These are simple and delicious cookies that are perfect for Valentine's Day.
Note: make sure your heart shaped cookie cutter fits in the box before you make them!