Search This Blog

Loading...

Dinosaur Party: Rawr means Happy Birthday in Dinosaur

Monday, April 25, 2011


I just created this REALLY fun Dinosaur collection, that any little boy would enjoy.  All the kids had so much fun and loved all the little treats in the dessert table and the activities we had.

First lets start with the printables, available here.

We created a banner- RAWR means Happy Birthday in Dinosaur- RAWR Buzzy! Here are some unclose pictures of it. 




We had birthday dinosaur party hats with spikes down the back for all the guests. These were a huge hit! They were so protective of them. Some didn't want to wear theirs on the dinosaur egg hunt (tutorial coming in a couple days) for fear of ruining them. They wore them all day in the house and wouldn't take them off.




 We create 5 fun, unique dinosaur prints that are repeated throughout the collection, starting with our printable dinosaur party hats.

 




These are the favors we hand out to each of the guests as they were leaving. Cherry lava balls topped with our favor toppers.


Now for our creative desserts that were included in our dessert bar. 
First, Molten Lava Volcano Cakes!




Top your cupcakes with mini dinosaur toys. I found mine in a vending machine outside my local grocery store. The large dinosaurs are Toy Story dinosaur toys.


Hot Lava Trifle


Layer crushed Oreos (for dirt- I used the Oreos with chocolate filling so there was no contrast between the cookie and filling.
gummy worms with a little patch of "dinosaur eggs" round chocolate rock candies
more crushed Oreos
Top with cherry balls for the hot lava


We had little bags of chocolate dinosaur eggs topped with our favor toppers- "If history repeats its self, I'm so getting a dinosaur!"



So many people have inquired where I got the dinosaur egg candy from that I am now selling this candy. It is now available in my Our Shop.  





Here is another fun way I displayed it to the kids... make your own dinosaur nests with "dinosaur candy eggs"





Pin It!

36 comments:

  1. I love a fabulous boy party theme and this has so many fun details!!! I would love to share with my readers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those cakes are amazing! (OK all of it is amazing!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks... the volcano cakes are so simple to make. I'm posting a tutorial soon for those.

    Not just a Mommy- you are welcome to share these this collection with your reader!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow..this party is just awesome...my son would love this

    ReplyDelete
  5. I happen to be throwing a Dinosaur party this Friday! I don't suppose any of these (particularly the hats) are downloadable?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Amie! You can purchase the full printable collection in my Etsy shop etsy.com/shop/wantsandwishesdesign. I have a very fast turn around- guaranteed within 24 hours, but usually within a couple hours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How CUTE i love this! Thanks for the post

    ReplyDelete
  8. I absolutely LOVE this party! So much creativity and close attention to details. I especially love the message in the goodie bags..."If history repeats itself, I'm so getting a dinosaur" - Made me laugh! Everything is just so cute, cute, CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing, amazing! I had to share this on my blog. Great creativity!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My son loves this and wants it for his next birthday. Where did you get the dinosaur egg candy?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Lori, I got the dinosaur egg candy at a specialty candy store called Blickenstaff's in Utah. They can probably ship to you if not I can buy some for you and ship it to you. I think they were called chocolate rocks, but just be careful when ordering because there are some "chocolate rocks" that are jagged edges so make sure you get the correct ones- they are all circles/round.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely DINOMITE! Adore this! The hats completely kill me! (And ps, i think we're from the same town! SC?)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is an amazing party, so cute! I'm a new follower, can't wait to see what other ideas you have! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for becoming a follower Kim.... I have a lot more great ideas to share!

    ps cakes like a party I use to live in San Clemente, but just recently moved... I love that area so beautiful & WARM!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this!!! I am planning a din birthday for my sons 4th in August, and I will be serving the volcano cakes....they look so neat! Where did you get the stand?? Simply Fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The blue pedestal stands are Mosser Glass. I love them! I have them in multipule colors.... and still want more :) I can't get enough... I have a pedestal addiction.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello! LOVE those molten lava cupcakes!! Can you share how they are made!!??

    ReplyDelete
  18. Kristin you can find the tutorial and recipe here on my blog (its the post after the party post! Have fun making your lava exploding cakes. They are really fun and easy to make!!! http://wantsandwishesdesign.blogspot.com/2011/04/dinosaur-party-molten-lava-volcano.html

    ReplyDelete
  19. These are very cute!! Perhaps you should modify the grammar a bit though... It's self should be "itself". Just thought you should be aware. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have fixed that typo. I noticed it after I took the pictures! The sign you get has it correct now:)

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a fantastic birthday party! I LOVE the party hats! What a simple and smart way to change up the typical birthday hat!! Thanks for the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thank you Julia! Come back for a lot more inspiration and fun dessert for all different themes and party ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  23. hi! I'm wondering where you got all these awesome printables? did you make em? if so, are they for sale?

    ReplyDelete
  24. p.s. my email address is whimsycandids[at]gmail[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Anel,
    Yes, the printables are for sale here
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/wantsandwishesdesign/search?search_query=dinosaur&order=date_desc&view_type=list&ref=shop_search
    I will email you also! Let me know if I can help you with anything else.
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  26. Is your Etsy shop closed? I keep getting this error message:
    Uh oh!
    There's something not quite right in the URL. Please check for any errors in the address bar and try again.
    Go back to Etsy.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Yes, my Etsy shop is closed, but all my printables are available at wantsandwishesdesign.com

    Please let me know if you have any other questions.
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thanks! Do you happen to have matching invites? I don't see them on your page.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Yes, I do. Here is the link to it.
    http://wantsandwishesdesign.bigcartel.com/product/printable-dinosaur-rawr-invitation-2-different-color-ways

    Let me know if you have any problem or any other questions.
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  30. I absolutely love this whole idea! My 5 yr old is requesting yet another dinosaur themed party - his 4th in a row - and I need new ideas! Have to go look in your shop. Can I pin this in the meantime?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tricia- Yes, you can pin it! Let me know if you have any other question.
      Debbie

      Delete
  31. I would like to buy the RAWR banner and "If history repeats itself..." printables but I can only find the hat and the invitations. Can I still get them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amber! Yes you can purchase those items here http://www.wantsandwishesdesign.com/product/printable-dinosaur-rawr-birthday-collection
      The main picture is of the dinosaur hats, but you can go to the drop down menu and select individual items

      Delete
  32. Great job! I love all your little details. And those party hats are adorable! I might have to steal that idea :)

    ReplyDelete

 
all content © 2013 wants and wishes / blog design © 2013 smitten blog designs