Search This Blog

Loading...

Fool proof- 15 minute pie crust recipe

Monday, November 19, 2012


I know there are a lot of "fool proof" pie crust recipes, but those never worked for me! I was at a church activity and we were making apple pies. All I could think was.... I'm in trouble I don't make good pie crust.


I was pleasantly surprised! The recipe was easy to follow and could be made in 15 minutes- from start to finish. I was amazed. I have seriously made this pie crust probably 200 times, no kidding. I got this pie crust recipe about 3 years ago, but before this cherished recipe I never made homemade pie crust. The crust literally takes less time than jumping in the car and buying crust! How can you beat that!!!!


Fool proof {15 minutes from start to finish} Pie Crust Recipe:

2 cups flour
1 tsp salt
2/3 cup plus 2 tbsp shortening
4-5 tbsp cold water

1. In a medium size bowl place the the flour and salt. Cut in shortening with a pastry blender. If you don't have a pastry blender use 2 forks (hold one fork in each hand and slice throughout mixture at the same time.
 2. Sprinkle water 1 tbsp at a time until all flour is moistened. (for the water I fill a small cup with a little ice and add water to it and that makes good cold water!)

3. Shape into a ball and roll out on floured surface.

***Note: This recipe can be cut in half when making only a one-crust pie***








Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. Debbie I love you an your personality that shines through these posts! I definitely want to do this. Thanks!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lisa! You will love it and that it is so incredible easy! No prep or waiting for ice water!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, I will have to try this one! I wonder how it would turn out with "white" whole wheat flour?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh that sounds delicious! I will have to try that too!

    ReplyDelete

 
all content © 2013 wants and wishes / blog design © 2013 smitten blog designs