Search This Blog

Loading...

Paper Straw Easel

Wednesday, August 28, 2013


Today I have a real treat for you today.... paper straw easel! I created this out of necessity. I had a party starting in 10 minutes and realized I had no easel/frame for a sign I created. I scoured my house and found nothing that could be used and that matched the decor of the party. I had some paper straws out for the drinks and it hits me.... make you own!
 What's awesome is the possibilities are endless with color and patterns you select. You can mix and match or do just a solid 
 All you need are paper straws, a hot glue gun and scissors..... Now for the easy step by step instructions:
Step 1: You are going to make an A shape for the front of the easel.
Lay out 2 full straws and then for the cross bar/ ledge of the easel cut a straw in half with scissors

Step 2: I usually glue the top together first by placing a small amount on the inside. 
(steps 2 &3 can be interchangeable though)
Step 3: place 2 small daps of glue on the ends and place on top of the 2 straws. This is what gives it the stability, so once you place the cross bar on it will be more stable. This needs to be placed on top so there will be a little ledge. Allow to dry, which is usually a minute or so.
Step 4: Now that the A shape is done add glue to the back and attach the last leg. This step takes a bit longer to dry and you have to hold it in your hands.

****For added stability I like to add more glue on top once it has completely dried. I fill the holes of the straw with hot glue and the top of the straws (surprisingly it doesn't run down the straw, it just fill the top portion and adheres them all together)
  You can do mini ones too.... these would be great for food labels.... the only difference is cut the straws in half (the cross bar is still a half length)
 You can have the cross bars high or low..... you can make you easel wide or narrow depending on what it's being used for.
 Also, you can have it deep or narrow depending on how much room you have.... so the possibilities really are endless! Enjoy and happy paper straw easel making!



Pin It!

16 comments:

  1. Too clever!! I love projects that come out of necessity, they are the most inspired

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! I feel like those are the real tried and true that you will use again in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this...just made one...thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great! What color straw did you use? I think the birch or wood straws would be so fun to make one out of too.... faux wood easel lol

      Delete
  4. This is just so clever and cute! Panic truly can be the mother of ingenuity (excuse my paraphrasing)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to point it out but did you know you spelled straw wrong on the header photo? So cute though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I was sick when I posted this.... bad idea as the mind wasn't working as well;) I just fixed it.

      Delete
  6. Adorable !!! I love these so much that I have just featured them on my blog, linking back to you.
    http://www.thatcutelittlecake.com/2013/09/pin-of-week-straw-easels-by-wants-and.html

    Virginie @ That Cute Little Cake

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seriously!?! Stop the cuteness! Love this!! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I know you'll be addicted to paper straw easel too! I love how the possibilities are endless!!!!

      Delete
  8. Those are so totally cute! Pinning :) Life to the full! Melissa @ DaisyMaeBelle

    ReplyDelete
  9. it's soo cute :)..I'm making these :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a cute sue for the straws. I love paper straws, unless of course I am drinking out of them. I do not like to use them for that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sooo cute!! Featuring on a round-up for straws on my blog!

    ReplyDelete

 
all content © 2013 wants and wishes / blog design © 2013 smitten blog designs