Search This Blog

Loading...

Pottery Barn Vintage Retro Halloween Party

Friday, September 27, 2013

I'm so excited to announce that I teamed up with Pottery Barn for our Vintage Retro Halloween collection. Pottery Barn approached me and asked if I wanted to share any of their new Halloween items with you and of course I did! I am a huge fan of Pottery Barn, especially their Holiday items!!!! They always have the best dishes, platters and fun items that adds that perfect touch to any holiday celebration and party. I bought 2 of their items last year for our Sophisticated Black and White collection (I used Pottery Barn's black leave/ branches and a fun condiment holder).
My favorite Pottery Barn items I used for our Vintage Retro Halloween party is a 3 way tie with Potterybarn's Spider Drink Dispenser Stand (I didn't use mine as a drink stand.... more about that later), Bone Footed Platter (the pics don't do this platter justice)

Now for the fun part of seeing all the details you will love to create for your Halloween party this year! I have lots of Halloween treats that will wow your guests. 
Caramel apple cupcakes- recipe & tutorial coming soon! What I love about this recipe is it kept the cupcake very fresh and super moist you could make these the night before! A great treat to take to school for your kids Halloween party
The toppings on the caramel apple cupcakes are endless.... We topped ours with chopped candy corns, crushed pretzels, Wilton skull & spider sprinkles, mini marshmallows (I found these at Target.... they are AWESOME they are teeny tiny mallows!!!) mini M&M's drizzled in chocolate & sprinkles. I love nuts on my caramel apples, but the kids usually don't like that so I made them more kid friendly. 
Mini candy bar wrappers that are in our Vintage Retro Halloween collection- 12 designs
Dipped Chocolate Chip Cookie Bones.... We had a mini fondue cookie bone station that people could make their own creation or take prepared Chocolate chip cookie bones with our favorite combinations. We had orange chocolate, white chocolate and a peanut butter ganache (those didn't look as pretty, but tasted amazing)
 I love the eye balls on them too
I used the Spider Drink dispenser a little differently. I placed a large glass bowl on top of the stand (or you could do plastic if you're worried your kids would tip it over). I filled the bowl with party favors full of Halloween candy. I just loved the lanky legs. It gives great height to your display.
 
Another Pottery Barn favorite were these Cauldron condiment set . I took them off the stand (as I didn't have enough room and placed them around the dessert table and even hung one from the base of the Spider Drink dispenser 
 
 We also whipped up some gourmet Rice Krispie treats
 We had 2 kinds of Oreo Rice Krispie Treats. One with a Oreo Frosting and the other one with a Marshmallow frosting.... both are very good! We topped them off with a mini Oreo pumpkin
or you can transform the mini Oreo into a bat!
Our next kind of Rice Krispie Treat was a peanut butter & pretzel Rice Krispie Treat

We topped these with Marshmallow frosting and then marshmallow & pretzel skeletons and ghosts.
 Pottery Barn's Bone Footed Platter is really cool! The glass comes off for easy cleaning and storage. I seriously LOVE this platter
 The boys loved these Pottery Barn little beetle snack bowls that looks like they are caring food across the table. They all pick it up, played with them and thought they were really cool! We filled ours with Ghost peeps and pumpkin candies
We had milk glasses with our party flags waiting to be filled with an enchanting Witches Brew in Pottery Barns Cauldron Punch bowl.... This is a great buy! I love the stand it comes with too. A halloween piece that will be used for years to come.
Download our free printable of the mini witches brew bunting here! 

 
We strung mini tissue paper pom poms, candy corn garlands and crepe bat streamers across the back
 
For the front of the table I wanted a dramatic splash of color. I created rosette swags with Ruffle Fabrics  Trick or Treat fabric. Soooo easy too because the pre-ruffled fabric practically makes the rosettes for you!
 I started with 2 full width pieces and 10 ruffles heigh. 
1. Bunch up one end and roll into a rosette
2. Once I like how it was bunched/rolled I just hot glued it together. 
3. Just roll it a couple times around and leave the ends hanging down.
4. Pin to your fabric or hot glue if you want it permanent
5. Next just swag the ends and pin with a safety pin having around 5-6 inches hang down the sides.
 Happy Halloween planning!
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
all content © 2013 wants and wishes / blog design © 2013 smitten blog designs