I'm so excited to share a fun Rice Krispie Treat recipe. Many people loved our Skeleton Brownies , but wanted to make them a little easier. Adding the skeleton on top of Rice Krispie Treat is child's dream! See our full Vintage Retro Halloween party for more tasty treats.
I like my Rice Krispies really tall and more gooey then most people. To make them have a greater impact when making them put them in a 9x9 square pan or double the batch to make a 9x13.
We also made little ghosts. Just add a large marshmallow on top and draw a spooky face with edible ink pens.
Peanut butter Pretzel Rice Krispy Treat Recipe
3 tablespoons butter
1 (10.5 ounce) bag marshmallows
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
4 cups Rice Krispies cereal
2 cups roughly crushed pretezel pieces
2 cups chunk chocolate chips
1. Grease a 9x9 inch baking dish; set aside
2. Melt butter and marshmallows over low heat. Stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
3. Add the peanut butter and stir until completely incorporated and smooth. Add the Rice Krispies, pretzel and chunck chocolate chips. Stir until coated with marshmallow mixture. Poor mixture into the greased 9x9 and press down, creating an even top.
****tip: Mixture can be sticky, rub butter over finger tips to avoid clinging to hands
1/2 cup of semi sweet chocolate chips
1/8 cup smooth peanut butter
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 tablespoon of karo syrup
1. Place chocolate chips, peanut butter and karo in a bow and set aside.
2. Heat cream on the stove and bring to a simmer for 2 minute
3. Pour cream over the top of the chocolate, peanut butter and karo.
4. Stir until chocolate is melted and and well combined.
5. Pour over Rice Krispies evenly
6. Allow to cool and cut into squares.